Today, there is a wide variety of opportunities for security and safety professionals with advanced training to make a contribution on a local, regional and even national level. At Keiser University, our Master of Arts in Homeland Security program is designed to help students become leaders in the security and emergency management field, with education and real-world experiences that prepare them for the unpredictable nature of complex security risks.
The Master of Arts program teaches students to apply critical analysis skills to solve problems using established research methods and "out-of-the-box" thinking to address a broad range of natural and man-made threats affecting homeland security, national borders and cyber security. Learning opportunities have been designed to build on each student's own unique experiences for an in-depth and comprehensive experience that helps them excel in their chosen field.
The risks and threats to local and national security are constantly evolving. Keiser University's Master of Arts in Homeland Security positions students to respond using a robust skill set, adaptive critical thinking and a responsive approach to prevent and neutralize threats wherever and whenever they occur.
The Master of Arts in Homeland Security program enables graduates to:
- Collaborate with community stakeholders to develop robust security programs aimed at identifying risks, preventing incidents and responding to critical events
- Evaluate security challenges at local, regional, national and international levels and propose changes to existing response programs to ensure compliance and efficacy
- Facilitate and promote seamless integration of policies and programs among security agencies and implement emerging security systems and technology for improved security and responsiveness
- Serve as a liaison, resource and point person for security agencies and communities to assist with implementation of agile and adaptive security solutions
Keiser University’s Master of Arts in Homeland Security degree is offered through our online Graduate campus. In addition to the continued student-support focus infused into every program, students benefit from the flexibility and convenience of pursuing their degree on a schedule that fits their busy lives.
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Homeland Security can find leadership opportunities in settings such as:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- U.S. Secret Service
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
today to learn more about our Master of Arts in Homeland Security program.