Keiser University’s Bachelor of Science degree in Law Enforcement Operations program prepares students for career positions in various areas within the field of law enforcement. It provides students with in-depth exposure to the criminal justice system and the forensic investigations field. Fundamental areas critical to both public and private sector entry-level positions are included in the program such as crime scene investigation, fingerprinting, introduction to law enforcement, criminal investigation, forensic photography and police communications report writing. In addition, the program prepares students with competencies in real-world applications that emphasize identifying, locating, documenting, collecting and preserving evidence within legal frameworks. Students may select from concentrations in Law Enforcement, Forensic Investigation, or Courts and Corrections.
- Develop students’ ability to understand the tools and procedures used by various law enforcement and forensic agencies.
- Develop students’ ability to think critically and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing in diverse criminal justice settings.
- Provide the student with basic knowledge concerning the operational, legal and ethical context in which law enforcement operations are conducted.
- Provide students with a comprehensive background in forensic investigative procedures and techniques.
- To instruct students as to contemporary issues facing law enforcement to include an overview of law enforcement responses to terrorism, cybercrimes and technological countermeasures.
- To assist graduates in obtaining multi-faceted entry-level positions with various law enforcement and forensic agencies.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Law Enforcement Operations is delivered through a unique hybrid format, which combines the convenience of online learning with face-to-face classroom instruction. The hybrid format seeks to maximize student learning and promote career development in a flexible schedule while also maximizing efficiency in resources.
today to learn more about our Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement Operations program.