The Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) Bridge Program at Keiser University is designed to educate health care providers with COTA credentials to build upon their existing professional experience. In the course of completing the MSOT graduate degree, students in the program will develop managerial, program assessment, and client evaluation skills while expanding their leadership roles in the field of occupational therapy.
The MS in Occupational Therapy degree will include instructional delivery methods that are both campus-based and hybrid. The program integrates didactic, face-to-face, and clinical experiences to prepare students to achieve success on the National Board of Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT®) exam, and to function as a generalist occupational therapist within the profession.
A Bachelor of Science in Occupational Health will be awarded after completion of 120 undergraduate semester credit hours.
Keiser University’s MSOT program enables students to:
- Articulate occupational therapy theory, analyze practice-related evidence and apply the subsequent evaluation strategies for effective planning of OT services and treatment implementation.
- Develop and modify intervention plans based on assessment of the client, client priorities, client discharge needs, environmental factors, and expected outcomes.
- Demonstrate entry-level clinical competence through a combination of academic and fieldwork education culminating in meeting established professional criteria.
- Demonstrate effective interdisciplinary collaboration skills in order to maximize OT clients’ and populations’ functional outcomes.
- Engage in scholarly endeavors to interpret and apply evidence-based practice data to OT practice.
Applicants are required to hold an Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant Degree from a regionally accredited institution. Candidates are required to have a minimum of one (1) year of recent, professional experience working as a licensed occupational therapy assistant and an active unrestricted Professional OTA license.
today to learn more about our Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (MSOT) Bridge program.