Keiser University’s Bachelor of Science degree in Health Information Management prepares students to function as Health Information Administrators (RHIA) who can interact with all levels of an organization – clinical, financial, administrative, and information systems – that employ patient data in decision-making and everyday operations. Students learn the necessary information and skills to become experts in managing patient health information and medical records, administering computer information systems, collecting and analyzing patient data, and using classification systems and medical terminologies.
- To develop Health Information Administrators who can function as the critical link between health care providers, payers, and patients.
- To develop Health Information Administrators who possess comprehensive knowledge of medical, administrative, ethical, and legal requirements and standards related to health care delivery and the privacy of protected patient information.
- To develop a student’s ability to think critically and communicate effectively.
- To train students in the use of the medical language and classification systems used to code diagnoses and procedures in patient records for continuity of care, health care reimbursement, and medical research.
- To prepare and assist graduates in obtaining entry-level employment in health information administration.
At Keiser University’s Online campus, you will be able to fit a Health Information Management degree into your busy life. From 24/7 access to course materials to the encouragement of instructors who truly care about your education, you’ll have the flexibility, convenience and interactive support you need to pursue your degree and career goals.
Health Information professionals work in a variety of settings such as:
- Group Medical Practices
- Nursing Homes
- Insurance Companies
- Government Agencies
- Home Care Providers
Contact Keiser University today to learn more about our Health Information Management program.