Family nurse practitioners are advanced practice nurses who implement a holistic approach to the primary care of patients and their families. Keiser University’s online Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner program helps provide registered nurses with the advanced knowledge and clinical skills they will need to serve the health care needs of clients across the age spectrum. As an MSN-FNP or post-Master’s FNP student, you will receive a strong foundation in health promotion, disease and injury prevention, and the management of acute and chronic diseases. During clinical practicums, you will have the opportunity to apply the skills you have learned in the classroom to real-world health care environments.
Graduates are required to take the Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certification Examination in order to be licensed and to work as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
Graduates of the MSN and MSN-FNP programs are also eligible to apply for Keiser University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program.
Keiser University’s Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner program prepares students to become:
- Caring, culturally appropriate communicators, exercising comprehensive communication skills in the development and implementation of advanced nursing practice services to individuals and their families across the life span.
- Advanced practice nursing leaders facilitating interdisciplinary collaboration to facilitate desired health outcomes for patients, population and healthcare systems.
- Ethically responsive advanced practice nurses reflecting a moral, legal and humanistic framework of healthcare that is effective, timely, efficient and equitable.
- Effective collaborators of advanced practice healthcare committed to employing healthcare strategies, facilitating the essential components of health care delivery systems and outcomes.
This program is aligned with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) guidelines as prescribed in the Essentials of Master's Education in Nursing (AACN 2011) and with the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF) Population Focused Nurse Practitioner Competencies (NONPF 2013).
Keiser University’s MSN-FNP degree is offered through our online Graduate campus. In addition to the continued student-support focus infused into every program, students benefit from the flexibility and convenience of pursuing their degree on a schedule that fits their busy lives.
After successful completion of the Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certification Examination, graduates may seek employment in:
- Primary care clinics
- Physicians’ offices
- Outpatient primary care settings
today to learn more about our Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner program.